02-10-2011, 07:40 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion
20 minutes to go.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Sorry for writing a post mid-episode but my heart melted a little when Callum was going through Tariq's things and found a plaster! Always prepared and practical Sad

I like the niceties. They protect us from tyranny. - Harry Pearce
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2011, 09:06 PM
I really didn't like this episode as the anarchist/nuclear storyline felt shoehorned in and a distraction from the main theme which should have been Harry and his very murky past. And can someone clarify for me whether the Home Secretary trying to woo Ruth is romantic or purely business?
02-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Quick post ...Home Sec - probably a bit of both but mostly business. I loved this episode and am throughly enjoying this series...still not convinced its the Americans though ( I have no proof its not mind!)
02-10-2011, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2011 09:14 PM by Gazelle.)
I agree that this storyline felt like a distraction from the main focus of the series - and frankly the story we want to be finding out more about - namely the Harry-Russians-CIA triangle.

That said, the positives for me were Calum pursuing Tariq's trail (altho he seems to have overlooked the CCTV footage of Elena being handed the laptop - will this turn up again in a future episode?)

Also the interesting dynamics between Ruth, Elena and Sasha at the gallery - what an odd scenario for Ruth! - and the touching scene where Harry bids farewell to Sasha on the steps but can't tell him anything.

Enjoyed the Ruth-HS dinner scene more than I expected, to be honest who can blame Ruth giving his offer of a way out (professionally that is) serious consideration given everything that's going on with Harry.

Looking forward to E4, surely the Harry-Ruth rot has to stop there...

And yay, Ruth got her first screen freeze at the end of this episode - even if it was shared with Erin Wink

Can't go on, must go on
02-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Elena must be working with the CIA. Where does that leave Harry's loyalty to his son ? Will Ruth suss it out as only she can to save Harry. Can't cope !! only 3 hours left of this amazing Drama. Sad
02-10-2011, 09:28 PM
(02-10-2011 09:21 PM)Deb p Wrote:  Elena must be working with the CIA. Where does that leave Harry's loyalty to his son ? Will Ruth suss it out as only she can to save Harry. Can't cope !! only 3 hours left of this amazing Drama. Sad

I reckon the jury's still out on who's son Sasha is - if you're right about Elena then Harry's loyalty may yet prove to be misguided! My money's on Ruth being the one to suss it out too - it couldn't be anyone else!

Can't go on, must go on
02-10-2011, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2011 09:35 PM by Naivety.)
Another great episode. Edge of the seat stuff, BUT the threat of the week seemed to get in the way of the important stuff tonight! Half an hour from the end of the programme and I'm having trouble remembering the conclusion of it. The cameos between Ruth and Elena, Harry and Sasha, Ruth and Harry, Ruth and (call me William) Towers were what makes this such a great show. More, more, more!!!

PS. Anyone know what the painting was that Ruth and Elena were sat in front of?
02-10-2011, 09:39 PM
I was wondering about whether the painting had meaning to the Harry/Sacha situation because I recognise it but frustratingly can't put a name to it - can anyone else name it?