Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How are we watching ep. 6?
21-10-2011, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2011 03:46 PM by Onion Terror.)
How are we watching ep. 6?
I've shamelessly pinched this idea from a thread that I think someone started last year about how folks plan to enjoy the last episode of the series (and last ever this time round): are you planning anything big or special, or just unplugging the phone for the evening?! For my part I will be enjoying the fact that I can actually watch it on Sunday evening-normally I work Sundays and have to catch it on iPlayer later in the week. I'll probably settle down with an industrial-sized mug of tea and plenty to eat, but be too engrossed to eat anything until its finished. Afterwards I'll probably call my dad and debate it all with him, and then I'll be seeing you all on here!

Only 2 days to go people...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2011, 03:51 PM
RE: How are we watching ep. 10?
As I live in Asia, I have to wait until it is accessible *cough* which is normally about an hour after ending in the UK and equates to about 6.30am Monday my time. Normally I watch during my morning as I have a late start most days, but this coming Monday I plan to drag myself up at 6.30am and watch. Thus giving me time to dust myself down and face the day.

I've decided to have a marathon re-watch eps1-5 on Sunday.

Happy viewing everyone! See you on the other side!!!1
21-10-2011, 04:14 PM
RE: How are we watching ep. 6?
ill be watching it on my own in my bedroom through a flood of tears i reckon! Smile
21-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Home alone, with a roaring fire in the grate, a big glass of something medicinal and a sense of impending doom. LOL!

To be honest, if it wasn't for RPJ's comments on twitter last night I might not even have bothered. Would have been the first episode I hadn't seen.

I'll probably do a 1-5 catch up on Sunday too - thank god for iplayer!

[Image: Harrysig.jpg]
21-10-2011, 05:20 PM
I was planning to catch up on episodes 1-5 before the big finale too, but I'm volunteering 9-5 on Sunday so I won't have time. So I'll just be up in my room when 9pm comes, with a big mug of tea, with my phone switched off and being glued to my telly with no distractions. I am getting really excited now! But at the same time, it's gonna be so sad! Sad

It sounds really bad, but I'll probably be shedding a few tears at 10pm when it's all over. It's a show we've all followed for so long and it's going to be all over Sad
21-10-2011, 06:21 PM
yeah i agree The Grid.
I will be crying, maybe due to the content but mainly just due to the fact that this decade long journey is approaching its end.
its been a fantastic mix of tension laughs tears and about a hunded other emotions!

thankyou to all the cast/crew etc for giving it to us Smile
21-10-2011, 06:33 PM
I sprung for a large bottle of Laphroaig and an even larger box of tissues. And maybe some cheesecake. We'll see how it crinkles out. Cool

Gonna Miss it. A lot.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
21-10-2011, 06:40 PM
I'll have my WKD, my tissues, my fluffy penguin and my Harry and RUth get it on Wristbands and trying not to cry Wink

Going to miss this show,
More than words can say...2 Days to go... Pactum Serva xx

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
21-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Harry RE: How are we watching ep. 6?
I already told my husband I would be unavailable starting around 4pm Sunday afternoon, but that would just cover watching ep 6 (I'm in Minnesota, so I can get it on iPlayer late afternoon.) I may have to take some extra time to rewatch 1-5 over the next couple of days because I don't think the family will let me get away with locking myself up starting at 11 am just to re-watch Spooks.

I do have a bottle of wine, and while it's not white burgundy, it'll do nicely considering I'll probably just be crying into it. I may have to go out and get some Chocolate Digestives to nibble on as well.

BTW, whoever had the idea for the countdown clock at the top of the page - it's perfect. Makes me sad everytime I come here and the number is smaller and smaller, but it's perfect for Spooks.

Zaf: "Shouldn't you be in prison or something?"
Ros: "This is the something."
21-10-2011, 10:59 PM
I intend to re-watch 1-5, read certain sections of Henry V (my other favorite stalwart and brave Harry) and when iPlayer gets it - usually about 6 PM my time (being one of the Cousins in Illinois) I am locking myself up with a bottle of Ardbeg and no phone. Expect to be crying in my scotch all the way through. I only found this show two years ago and (even though I have watched all the episodes since then) now it is over. But, we all must move on.

On another note have enjoyed reading and occasionally de-lurking to post something. Cheers!