Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alternative Ending
24-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Alternative Ending
Helen James Production has tweeted that she believes if the Production Company feel there is enough call for an alternative ending to be placed on the Dvd there is a possibility they might. So come on guys let them know there is definately the call and call loudly. The postcard campaign to get Ruth back worked so lets show them the might of the fans once more.
Find all posts by this user
24-10-2011, 03:04 PM
RE: Alternative Ending
Exacly! There is no reason why alternative ending should not be put on DVD extras! Smile Write to Kudos and maybe even Helen James Production and ask for alternative ending on DVD and do it ASAP as DVD comes out pretty soon!!!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-10-2011, 03:17 PM
They could actually do this? I think it's a great idea. If it was done subtly no need imo to compromise spooks. The ending could be for example, Ruth gets stabbed, seems like she dies, but then it cuts to Harry going to see the house, then at the last minute she appears from inside with a smile. *Freeze* How would that be 'cheesy'? In a way it would still be mostly left unsaid..

"Perhaps the selfsame song that found a path
Through the sad heart of Ruth, when, sick for home,
She stood in tears amid the alien corn...."
24-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Which means they filmed an alternative ending? Surely they wouldn't call the actors back to make it just for the DVD? Of course I wouldn't want to assume that it is a happy ending and it could well be worse! But yeah, I'd love to see anything! Unfortunately I am not on Twitter nor have any desire to be on Twitter.

However, for whatever it's worth, I would also like to say that they need to put it on all the regions of the DVD. Sometimes they leave things off the Reg. 1 and 4 DVD's.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
24-10-2011, 03:27 PM
YES. please yes really would do anything for a happy ending Smile

"Told you i couldn't picture myself there, but really i couldn't picture myself there, without you" ...."Harry, we were never meant to have those things..."
24-10-2011, 03:30 PM
I've already sent Kudos the links to this thread and the one on Sf but how about we set a date for comments on here to finish and ill print off and post to Kudos as a kind of petition
24-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Ooh, an alternative ending would be marvellous! Not that there's anything wrong with the current one, but just out of interest would LOVE to know what it was.
24-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Aren't alternative endings a bit tacky? It doesn't show much confidence from the writers/producers to shoot and alternate ending.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-10-2011, 04:25 PM
(24-10-2011 04:19 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Aren't alternative endings a bit tacky? It doesn't show much confidence from the writers/producers to shoot and alternate ending.

Maybe they did one in case the 'proper' one got spoiled and they needed a back up..? (if there is another ending somewhere, I hope they didn't just flip a coin to choose which one to use!)
24-10-2011, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2011 04:46 PM by loladom.)
(24-10-2011 03:20 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Which means they filmed an alternative ending? Surely they wouldn't call the actors back to make it just for the DVD? Of course I wouldn't want to assume that it is a happy ending and it could well be worse! But yeah, I'd love to see anything!

Perhaps an alternative was filmed? In case of leaks? I always thought Harry would cop itSuicida (is that better or worse, I don't know but somehow less despairing and more definitive?? I hate the pain they've left him in.)

Or for a happier route - keep the scene as is and perhaps a certain person answers the phone/ a voice over etc. would be simple and wouldn't involve a reshoot which seems highly unlikely.

I LOVE the idea of the choice of another ending. I know many would be critical of that, but many would also be thrilled. That way, the fans who are happy now can go on being happy and ignore the alternative ending. The devastated fans can select another cut on the DVD and nobody has to compromise themselves. Spooks is many things, to many different people. This IS fiction after all and as such, anything should be possible.

I think the depth of feeling over this show should be understood and not underestimated (whether you agree or not - that is fact) Spooks got personal with people like no other TV show I've seen.

Many people have been left dissatisfied and in honesty quite a bad taste in the mouth over the manipulation of a sub plot. They should've left H&R unscripted and not meddled with it to avoid this. I want everyone to treasure and celebrate spooks for themselves, in their own ways and I don't want that to be spoiled by the last 10 mins of 10 years! IMHO.