Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spooks Wheels
20-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Spooks Wheels
Hello,

I've been following this show wich I had discovered on CBC back in 2004, and I was always disappointed by the lack of interest the producers had in having the Spooks drive decent (but believable) service cars.

The old Lexus seems to have been there forever, used by whoever needed to drive a car for the sake of the story.
Then there was a bunch of one shot wheels (80's BMW 3series or Peugeot 407 for Zaf in S4 for instance)

An improvement though in S6 (the latest available on this side of the pond), with the renewed pool and the team driving a new Lexus 450 and various Audis, Renault Espace and Discoveries.

This being said, I doubt those Spooks can drive from A to B in London within a decent time in order to save the city from utter destruction, without using emergency lights and sirens.
Spooks producers should take a look at the Five garage and pick-up some ideas... Concealed LED heads, Hide-A-Way strobes in turning signals or headlights, dashleds small enough to be stowed away in a glovebox.... Those are today the gear installed on any unmarked unit that needs in an emergency to get thru traffic... Being a Spook in London, you can't go without them !! Cool

[Image: 4679e0e166.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2009, 10:24 AM
RE: Spooks Wheels
Lol, cool car. I suppose they've got to blend in, so not going for the cool, more expensive cars... unless their name is Zafar Younis Wink

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
20-09-2009, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2009 10:50 AM by RoninExec.)
Just an example... They could go lower profile, such as :

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

20-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I see your point Smile That would work well

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
20-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Especially since those are real security service cars..Cool

Or are they ?Dodgy
20-09-2009, 12:31 PM
This topic doesn't really belong in the Suggestion Box area, so I'm moving this thread over to the General Discussion area.

Thanks

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Well, it was a suggestion in the first place : improve the show's cars !
20-09-2009, 12:56 PM
LOL!

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
20-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Lol the Suggestion Box is for suggestions to improve the forum.

Thanks for sharing these pics, I've always liked the cars on Spooks... they are always executive cars which look very nice.

Better than driving around in these bad boys:

[Image: range1.jpg]

^That would definitely draw attention! Tongue

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
20-09-2009, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2009 05:57 PM by RoninExec.)
Or in a BMW Security (of course!) Vehicle ?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)