Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The NO SPOILERS thread
21-09-2009, 08:06 PM
The NO SPOILERS thread
Is there anyone else out there who doesn't read spoilers? I used to be addicted to them, before I was addicted to Spooks and I was completely addicted to Doctor Who. I used to know what happened in the episodes before it came out and it completely ruined it. I've stopped, although have read some spoilers about series 8, which are now bugging me but I promise not to talk about. So, anyone else out there who doesn't read spoilers Huh

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2009, 08:51 PM
RE: The NO SPOILERS thread
Hey!!! mee! I hate spoilers!! They ruin every bit of unknowing, what is going to happen next?Huh

I dislike even when you read in a magazine that one actor is leaving a series so you know is going to be killed or sth... Dodgy

When I started watching Spooks I thought it would be a good idea to learn more things about it but I began to read, this character dies, the other one leaves the show... and it really disappointed me!! And many times you try to avoid them but you can't!! I hate it!! Angry

It's great when you know nothing, you get surprised!! I love surprises!!! It's like OMG!! That couldn't have happened!! If you knew... nothing new! Where is the fun!! Tongue

I'd like to say that I respect those who like reading spoiler! no problem with that! Shy
21-09-2009, 11:09 PM
I don't avoid them, but I don't seek them out any more. I usually find it's the journey that interests me more than the destination.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-09-2009, 11:21 PM
If you do find a spoiler that SHOULD be in spoiler tags, and it isn't please report it to the Staff using the "Report" button at the bottom of the post.

We strive to protect those who wish not to know spoilers. Big Grin

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
22-09-2009, 05:38 AM
I used to try to avoid spoilers, but it is just impossible to do so if you don't live in the US or UK and see the shows as they are shown first time. If you live anywhere else and don't want to be spoiled, you basically have to avoid the Internet and all other media, and who can do that? Plus, I'd be missing out on the interesting discussions with all the good people on this board!

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
22-09-2009, 03:51 PM
(21-09-2009 11:21 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  If you do find a spoiler that SHOULD be in spoiler tags, and it isn't please report it to the Staff using the "Report" button at the bottom of the post.

We strive to protect those who wish not to know spoilers. Big Grin

Thank you Big Grin And I agree it is pretty hard, especially if you're behind a season.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
22-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Yes! It's almost imposible, but even when you try to avoid them you come across one little thing, for example in youtube...

(22-09-2009 05:38 AM)Silktie Wrote:  I used to try to avoid spoilers, but it is just impossible to do so if you don't live in the US or UK and see the shows as they are shown first time. If you live anywhere else and don't want to be spoiled, you basically have to avoid the Internet and all other media, and who can do that? Plus, I'd be missing out on the interesting discussions with all the good people on this board!

What I do is to download the episodes from the internet, I know it's not very legal, but if I didn't do that I wouldn't have been able to watch Spooks!!!
I'm sorry but I can't miss that pleasure!! Big Grin

By the way, how do you put sth in spoiler tags? I was trying now but I have no idea...Blush
22-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Spoiler tags usage is as follows:

Code:
[spoiler]spoiler goes here[/spoiler]

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
22-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Argh, youtube! Youtube is awful for accidentally finding out spoilers. At least on other websites they have spoiler tags.

21-10-2009, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2009 12:09 AM by Lucasfan.)
(22-09-2009 07:14 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Spoiler tags usage is as follows:

Code:
[spoiler]spoiler goes here[/spoiler]

I needed this yesterday but couldn't find it......would it be an idea to post it in a sticky on the front page or something to encourage people to use it and to draw attention to it? (especially with series 8 "imminent".......ha ha)

Mind you, It was probably staring me in the face, so ignore me......Wink

[Image: spooks901mini.jpg]