Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[spoilers] Episode 1 Summary
21-10-2009, 05:05 PM
zzExclamation [spoilers] Episode 1 Summary
Ok, so following the announcement of the return date for Spooks, I nabbed this from the press release:

Quote:The team is in a state of panic following Harry's kidnapping by FSB agent Viktor Sarkisian as the compelling spy drama starring Peter Firth, Hermione Norris and Richard Armitage returns for a new series.

It seems their worst fears are confirmed when the Sacred Army of Righteous Vengeance (SARV) posts footage of Harry's execution on the internet. However, Ros refuses to believe Harry is dead and leads Lucas North and the rest of the team on a mission to find him.

When Sarkisian's body is found, it seems they've lost their strongest lead. Ros sends Lucas to try to extract information from new CIA liaison officer Sarah Caulfield but, despite a clear attraction between the pair, it appears she can't assist him. However, help arrives from an unexpected source when former team member Ruth Evershed returns to the grid, fearing for her life.

Ruth reveals that Harry once thwarted a clandestine operation to smuggle weapons-grade uranium into Iraq, and only he and Ruth are privy to its true whereabouts. Now a group of rogue intelligence officers want it back and they don't care who they have to kill to get it.

When Ruth and her family are kidnapped, the race is on for Section D to not only find them before they are killed, but also to discover whether Harry is still alive.

Harry Pearce is played by Peter Firth, Viktor Sarkisian by Peter Sullivan, Ros Myers by Hermione Norris, Lucas North by Richard Armitage, Sarah Caulfield by Genevieve O'Reilly and Ruth Evershed by Nicola Walker.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginf.../wed.shtml

ENJOY! Big Grin

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2009, 06:02 PM
RE: [spoilers] Episode 1 Summary
Am planning shopping trip to Tesco's to get in a bottle of "white burgundy" and "bread rolls" for the 4th. I am also crossing every part of my body that can be crossed for the next 14 days for Ruth to still be "Miss Evershed"

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
21-10-2009, 06:35 PM
(21-10-2009 06:02 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Am planning shopping trip to Tesco's to get in a bottle of "white burgundy" and "bread rolls" for the 4th. I am also crossing every part of my body that can be crossed for the next 14 days for Ruth to still be "Miss Evershed"

Well she is still 'Miss Evershed' in the cast list so that is a good start Smile
22-10-2009, 12:18 AM
All this ....and it's just episode 1?

[Image: spooks901mini.jpg]
22-10-2009, 12:37 AM
She just can't be with anyone but Harry
22-10-2009, 04:18 AM
I've been saving my first post on the forum until we knew for certain, but here it is: Thursday will be my favourite day of the week. (I'm in Sydney.)

The press info is really great - it fills in more of the holes, and the set-up is classic Spooks in that the enemy changes swiftly. I can't wait to find out about Ruth's "family".

I hope no-one can hear my bellowing outside Oz.
22-10-2009, 05:49 AM
Wow, that's a lot of stuff to get through in one episode, maybe it will be a two-parter? Anyhoo, sounds like it will be action-packed! Does the "group of rogue intelligence officers" remind anyone else of Yalta and Juliet?

I'm holding out hope that Ruth's 'family' refers to her mother rather than a hubby and adorable moppet.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
22-10-2009, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2009 06:02 AM by mools.)
(22-10-2009 12:37 AM)Ruthreturns Wrote:  She just can't be with anyone but Harry

I totally agree! It will be nice if Ruth and Harry finally sort it out!

Silktie, I totally agree with you, I am hoping Ruth's 'family' is parents/siblings, and not spouse or partner and child/ren!

Being in NZ I know we won't get it before next Feb/March (though it probably won't be until mid-year), so I look forward to seeing what you guys all think about the new series.
(22-10-2009 04:18 AM)JHyde Wrote:  I've been saving my first post on the forum until we knew for certain, but here it is: Thursday will be my favourite day of the week. (I'm in Sydney.)

The press info is really great - it fills in more of the holes, and the set-up is classic Spooks in that the enemy changes swiftly. I can't wait to find out about Ruth's "family".

I hope no-one can hear my bellowing outside Oz.

I am sure we will hear your bellowing across the ditch!! Wink

(I'm in NZ)
23-10-2009, 05:24 AM
Ooh, just thought of something. What if the team figures out that the same people that is holding Harry is also after Ruth, and allow Ruth to be kidnapped by these people (with her consent of course) so that she could lead them to where Harry is held? That would be awesome!

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
23-10-2009, 09:22 AM
(23-10-2009 05:24 AM)Silktie Wrote:  Ooh, just thought of something. What if the team figures out that the same people that is holding Harry is also after Ruth, and allow Ruth to be kidnapped by these people (with her consent of course) so that she could lead them to where Harry is held? That would be awesome!

I like that idea Silktie. Ruth's "family" could then be a new section D member that has been planted to get H & R out ? Poor old Harry may think Ruth is married for a few hours but then when they are rescused it will all become clear. That could also explain the " all is not as it first seems", type comments !!! I like it.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]