Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Episode 1 Discussion
04-11-2009, 02:39 PM
zzHeart Episode 1 Discussion
Please use this thread for all episode 1 discussion after the episode has aired, or during!

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2009, 10:03 PM
RE: Episode 1 Discussion
Wooh.. I'm stunned..
Find all posts by this user
04-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Wooh, just seen it. A good episode, but in a way, I didn't like it. I suppose in my heart I always hoped that Ruth would always love Harry, and would never marry, but she did. So that's that. I loved Malcolm's ending - I think it was so right that he retired, he had good enough reasons. And Harry's part was both written, and acted, beautifully. I just didn't get on as well with Ruth's character as I had hoped.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
04-11-2009, 10:07 PM
(04-11-2009 10:04 PM)almh Wrote:  Wooh, just seen it. A good episode, but in a way, I didn't like it. I suppose in my heart I always hoped that Ruth would always love Harry, and would never marry, but she did. So that's that. I loved Malcolm's ending - I think it was so right that he retired, he had good enough reasons. And Harry's part was both written, and acted, beautifully. I just didn't get on as well with Ruth's character as I had hoped.

Oh no Ruth isn't married is she, how could she, poor Harry and Malcolm is gone, my heart is broken Thud
04-11-2009, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2009 10:10 PM by Tea Lady.)
Wow. It was very good. Really it was. Harry was great. Ruth was good as well. I know what you mean though in that we are all loyal to Harry so maybe that affected the way we saw Ruth, but you must not forget that she gave up her whole life for Harry and this Country 3 years ago. She had to start a new life whether she wanted to or not. Harry knew that her husband and step son were dead no matter what, so what was the point of giving away secrets if it made no difference. Couldnt believe Malcolm went but I could see that he could no longer work with Ros. The Grid had changed so much which is why he was really happy to see Ruth back at the start.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
04-11-2009, 10:13 PM
It was good acting by Nicola Walker, and I do understand what you're saying... actually, you know what, that's a good point. She did have to move on, and I'm thinking (/hoping) that she married him, maybe not because she loved him as she had done Harry, but because she cared enough about him to marry him, or because she was sick of being lonely. And I really loved that bit about how her life was simple without the Grid. I'm surprised that she didn't change her first name though.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
04-11-2009, 10:15 PM
(04-11-2009 10:04 PM)almh Wrote:  Wooh, just seen it. A good episode, but in a way, I didn't like it. I suppose in my heart I always hoped that Ruth would always love Harry, and would never marry, but she did. So that's that. I loved Malcolm's ending - I think it was so right that he retired, he had good enough reasons. And Harry's part was both written, and acted, beautifully. I just didn't get on as well with Ruth's character as I had hoped.
Mm.. Ruth-Harry prospects are not good indeed, but I think that, because of
Spoiler: show
her husband's death
she's angry with Harry, but that will go over. I certainly think the Harry-Ruth situation will improve.

Nitrus: Please add [spoilers] tags in the topic-title Wink
04-11-2009, 10:16 PM
You cant just forget about someone you love so much, when you walk away from them. Ruth may have loved her husband but that didnt mean she still didnt love Harry. She looked at his empty desk when she went on the Grid for the first time. Ruth has changed and NW had to put that into the character. I think she did a good job.

04-11-2009, 10:18 PM
She did do a good job... Ok, I'm just being an annoyed HR shipper here. Ignore me - I'll get over it soon Wink

04-11-2009, 10:19 PM
I assume we dont have to use spoiler tags as this is a discussion about what happened in episode 1 ??