Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[spoilers] Confused! Re: Malcolm.
24-11-2009, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2009 11:20 PM by JHyde.)
[spoilers] Confused! Re: Malcolm.
Oh I just don't know what to think!

I mean, we all know that MALCOLM WYNN-JONES IS IMMORTAL. Or rather, his character is one that should and could well have been timeless. His retirement left Harry being the last surviving member from series one! :O
And there's more. I mean, I understand they had to get rid of him sometime. And if he had have been killed, there would have been a riot. On the few times that Malcolm has ventured out of the grid, there's always been someone or something to help him be magnificent, and realistically (despite what I never want to admit), his luck was bound to run out.

So in that respect, i'm glad he got out whilst he still could.
Having said that, the kid that replaced him is barely old enough to put on a t-shirt! and that is apparently all he can put on since he looks like he's been hurled straight out of school and trampsed into MI5 out of sheer dumb luck!

And this is, respectfully, quite a harsh thing to say. I do quite like the new guy, Tariq Masood (yet another hint that he might just have been more suited to albert square Dodgy ). I actually think he's quite cool. But I loved Malcolm so much and no one will ever understand the technology of sector 6 like he did, and Ipso Facto, before I know it, i'm resenting a guy in a TopMan t-shirt who I do actually like..

Is anyone else feeling a similar dilemma?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2009, 05:38 PM
RE: Oh I am so confused! Re: Malcolm.
Yeah, I completely agree with you. He was the type of person who would never leave MI5, would always be there... until he retired...Sad But I'm glad he's still alive Smile

I'm not really sure about Tariq - I don't really know enough about him to make a proper decision, but Malcolm was so much cooler - how many other techies quoted Shakespeare and other people?

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
24-11-2009, 05:51 PM
xD I know. Or offer Zoey their camp bed? Or Or-- oh there's too much to quote! I loved him too much!

D:
24-11-2009, 05:59 PM
I thank the writers for retiring him rather than the other thing that Spooks does every 3 minutes. lol.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2009, 06:19 PM
RE: Oh I am so confused! Malcolm.
(24-11-2009 05:59 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  I thank the writers for retiring him rather than the other thing that Spooks does every 3 minutes. lol.

Yeah, I'd rather have him retired because that means he can always come back to save the day.Big Grin And I actually do like Tariq! They're not the same, but since no one could really have replaced Malcolm, it was good to get someone totally different to fill that place.Tongue

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
24-11-2009, 07:05 PM
I agree with lwhite53, I'd love to see him once more Tongue

Althought we don't know much about Tariq, he made a very good first impresion to me Smile He seems a friendly guy

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
25-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Indeed he does; to me, its just a Bittersweet situation. I'm always going to resent the guy who replaces Malcolm because I don't believe anyone ever could.

I think maybe if they'd brought in Tariq to replace Colin in series 5, then we'd get to know him a bit better, he'd work with Malcolm and then he'd be a bit less out of the blue, no real spook experience.

He's just.... a bit young. But I do like him.

I think spooks without Malcolm will just take a bit of getting used to.
08-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Id prefer it if Malcolm hadn't gone, but Tariq is okay I suppose Tongue
09-12-2009, 01:56 AM
I would have preferred Malcolm had stayed, Tariq is OK BUT he is sitting far too close to Harry's office door, how is Ruth going to feel at ease when she goes to visit HarryUndecided
09-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Maybe we need to move his desk? Hehe Tongue