Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[spoilers] Spooks Actors - New Projects Thread
04-12-2009, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2010 06:19 PM by Beatriz.)
[spoilers] Spooks Actors - New Projects Thread
I thought it would be good to have a thread which detailed any new projects our favourite Spooks actors and actresses, past and present, were involved in. This includes films, tv shows, radio, plays etc

To start the ball rolling I see that Danny (David Oyelowo) is starring in a BBC1 series called Small Island. He plays a chap called Gilbert and it is based around the time of WW2. It starts this Sunday 9pm BBC1.

Also, on a slightly more bizarre note Harry (Peter Firth) seems to be doing the voice over for the new Go-Cat advert which stars Bobo the secret agent type cat. The advert is on the Go-Cat website if you really really wanted to see it !!

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2009, 11:04 AM
RE: Spooks Actors - New Projects Thread
It took me a while to find it Tongue LOL that was funny!!

Seems interesting David's new project. Is it a miniseries or a normal one?

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
04-12-2009, 11:08 AM
I noticed that Peter Firth has an agent specifically for voice over and couldn't work out why. Thanks for answering that question!

I'm especially keen to hear what Hugh Simon is up to.

We can add Nicola Walker in the cast of Mrs Klein for two more nights. Tonight and tomorrow.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
04-12-2009, 11:18 AM
(04-12-2009 11:04 AM)Beatriz Wrote:  It took me a while to find it Tongue LOL that was funny!!

Seems interesting David's new project. Is it a miniseries or a normal one?

I think it is a two parter. Its based on a novel by Andrea Levy. I have seen a short clip and I assume it is about the experiences of a black man serving and fighting for the British forces in WW2, but I stand to be corrected. It looks good though.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
04-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Oyelowo's done some of the best stuff since leaving Spooks, I think.

McFadyen's filming The Pillars of the Earth, plus I know he's in Robin Hood, the movie headed by Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett. He's been a heap of stuff lately after being dormant since P&P, apart from Little Dorrit. I'm hoping that Enid telemovie will make it's way out here, as there were some interesting people involved.

04-12-2009, 03:42 PM
McFayden also did the first few eps of Criminal Justice - Series 2.
Spoiler: show
If you always wanted to see Tom die, watch CJ Tongue
04-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Ouch Asjenw!!! Tongue Well, at least you'll get less of a backlash than if you insulted Lucas Rolleyes

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
04-12-2009, 06:38 PM
(04-12-2009 04:15 PM)almh Wrote:  Ouch Asjenw!!! Tongue Well, at least you'll get less of a backlash than if you insulted Lucas Rolleyes

At least I put it between spoiler tags Tongue
Are you implying that I should look for a tv show/movie where RA dies? Cool
04-12-2009, 06:43 PM
My friend hates RA, so probably does, so it's not that unreasonable that you do that...

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
04-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Well, you don't need to look far.
Spoiler: show
RA died in Robin Hood, which I've never watched but my sister loved, as do many of the RA fans on the forum. So bite me!