Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inside MI5 - The Real Spooks
18-02-2010, 09:39 AM
zzVideo Inside MI5 - The Real Spooks
This is a very interesting documentary about the real MI5. Matthew McFadyen is the narrator.

itv.com Wrote:‘INSIDE MI5: The Real Spooks’ is a brand new programme for ITV1 on the real story of MI5. MI5 was an organisation so secret that for decades, it didn’t officially exist. Television fiction has highlighted and glamorised the work of the organisation for years, but this documentary reveals the story of the real life drama of Britain’s Security Service. ‘INSIDE MI5: The Real Spooks’ is brand new and exclusive to ITV1, Monday 7th December at 10.35 pm.

For the first time in its 100-year history, MI5 has opened its top-secret files to uncover the truth about key episodes in Britain’s history.

This programme delves into those archives to explain how MI5 traitor Anthony Blunt could have changed the course of the war and ruined the success of D-Day.

It also reveals facts, which may surprise viewers, surrounding the allegations that former MI5 director Roger Hollis and Trade Union Leader Jack Jones were Soviet Agents. The programme also examines whether Prime Minister Harold Wilson was himself under surveillance and explores events surrounding the death of three IRA members in Gibraltar.

The programme also includes an exclusive, television interview with a former MI5 Director General and a KGB Colonel turned British Agent.

‘INSIDE MI5: The Real Spooks’ tells the story of the real life drama of Britain’s Security Service.

There are 5 parts in youtube thanks to seamyh:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2010, 12:50 PM
RE: Inside MI5 - The Real Spooks
Oooh thank you for posting this, I shall watch it later Big Grin
If only to hear MM's lovely voice Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Thanks Beatriz -- will definitely watch this.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
18-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Nice find Beatriz!

I'll probably watch it on the weekend Big Grin

LNF Smile
18-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Cool, I'll try and watch it later. Thanks!!!

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
19-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Great show. God i miss Tom
Thanks for submitting the links Beatriz. Enjoyed it very much
Cheers
Ausfan
02-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Nice write-up in the Wall Street Journal of how technology is causing 'spies' to learn new tactics or be caught.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...ifestyle_5

A Perfectly Framed Assassination
Stepped-up surveillance technology may be tipping the scales in the cat-and-mouse game between spies and their targets. Robert Baer on the current state of spycraft.

"the assassination of Hamas military leader Mahmoud al-Mabhouh on Jan. 20, and it is a graphic reminder of just how much the world has changed. Nearly the entire hit was recorded on closed-circuit TV cameras, from the time the team arrived at Dubai's airport to the time the assassins entered Mr. Mabhouh's room. The cameras even caught team members before and after they donned their disguises"
02-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Thanks for both links..off to watch all now!!!

Who watches the watchers?
02-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Just watched this and it was a great watch, very interesting.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-05-2010, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2010 01:01 PM by Nitrus.)
I just watched this - really interesting & love listening to MM's voice.

Great book to read is "Secret Wars: One Hundred Years of British intelligence inside MI5 and MI6" by Gordon Thomas - fascinating history of the services Cool

[Image: t4t-sig-A.jpg]
Thank you TygerBright for my fantastic av & sig!