Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spooks merchandise
08-06-2010, 10:16 PM
zzTongue Spooks merchandise
Or rather, the lack of... DodgyI couldn't find a thread bemoaning the absence of Spooks merchandise and I felt like a rant, so started a new thread.

I don't get it: here's a TV series popular worldwide...and the only stuff we can buy is a few rather badly written books. Huh In fact, Kudos really don't seem to be hip to the money they're missing out on in merchandising rights across all their big series. Unless, of course, their deal with the Beeb precludes it.

Where are the t-shirts, mugs, little 'Harry Pearce' moveable action figures? Wink Ok, that last one was a joke... I'd quite like a Spooks lunch box, though.VueltasssVueltasss

I can find Ashes to Ashes mugs and t-shirts on various websites (nothing official, though). I can't find any Spooks stuff at all.

Has anyone come across anything? What Spooks merchandise would you like to own?

I'll take it as read that all the Harry fans want the gold tie, so no need to post that one. Oh, go on, then!Yahoo

"Where's Harry?"
"Moving in mysterious ways."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2010, 10:26 PM
RE: Spooks merchandise
I emailed Kudos about this a while back, and their answer was that they wouldn't do it themselves, only if someone were to buy the merchandising rights would you see t-shirts and mugs etc.

And no-one has bought them.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2010, 10:48 PM
It is not official, but you can find some stuff on CafePress here: http://www.cafepress.com/sk/sketchbug
Only quotes and in-jokes that a non-watcher would have no clue what you are referencing. Undecided

[Image: behind-blue-eyes.png]
09-06-2010, 12:38 AM
I would love to buy an official [spooks] calendar! That would make my day (well actually my year!) Wink
Also a mug with the logo would be added to my collection! Heck you could make it one of those mugs that changes when you pour hot liquid in - and make Lucas' face appear when you pour your first proper cuppa tea in it! Cool
Will check out the website you listed mysteryloveranne but official merchandise would be cool.
Anyone want to start a collection to buy the rights... Silba

[Image: t4t-sig-A.jpg]
Thank you TygerBright for my fantastic av & sig!
09-06-2010, 02:47 AM
I want Spooks action figures! A little Lucas and little Ros, please - the new ken and barbie Smile

Fantragic fun - SpooksFanBlog.com
09-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Okay, I have to own up to having an unofficial Spooks mug. I got it off of EBay ages ago, I think people who produce such things probably only do it while the show is being shown.
Some (fiction) books by the writers of spooks would be good, because some of the writers are also authors as well.

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
09-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Dude, you need to put a photo of it up lol.

09-06-2010, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2010 01:30 PM by JHyde.)
Neil Cross' books are a mixed bag, much like his episodes. They're either really great or really not as much. His good ones are really worthwhile though. I haven't read them all.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
09-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Your wish is my command, Nitrus Smile
Okay not a brilliant photo.

[Image: IMG_0959.jpg]

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
09-06-2010, 01:32 PM
That is AWESOME. lol