Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ABC to remake Spooks in the USA!
25-08-2010, 01:12 PM
RE: ABC to remake Spooks in the USA!
LOL! I get what you're saying and you're right. Most of the time it is garbage. Sometimes it works. I It seems it works especially if the team working on it are especially inspired and take the concept to a new level.

I watched the first three episodes of the US Life on Mars and it was painful, but not because it was poorly done. It was just because it had been done so well already. So I stopped watching.

Coupling on the other hand was weird. I had watched a few episodes on BBC America. It was reasonably funny in a Friends sort of way, but nothing great. The US version used the same scripts except for changing the Anglicisms to American equivalents and it was painful to watch.

And then you have The Office, which many see the US product as superior to the British version.

I guess, if they can come up with something good, regardless of the source and make it their own, I don't really care what the source is. If they're just making a pale copy, I'll pass.

I'd enjoy a US version if I didn't already "know" that Disney was going to screw it up. I'd give it 3 episodes and make a decision. They don't seem to be very good at adapting programs from other sources (except for possibly V).

YMMV!

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ABC to remake Spooks in the USA! - bertowud - 25-08-2010 01:12 PM