Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ABC to remake Spooks in the USA!
13-08-2010, 06:16 PM
RE: ABC to remake Spooks in the USA!
(13-08-2010 04:14 PM)HelenFlynn Wrote:  It is not exactly true that Spooks didn't catch on in US. It was on BBCA which is not a good place to be if you want your program noticed and seen. They run commercials through their programs, which would really damage the tension, that is so much part of Spooks. They also do not promote their programs. I brought to their attention that in my market place there was no promotion of the station, as if it didn't exist. Their response was if I was interested in their programing I should go online to their site. Imagine. No wonder it never caught on - it was on BBCA. My local PBS station has run MI-5 at an off time and I was informed by them that the response to it was good!

It originally started here on A&E (in 2003, I believe) -- they cut about 12-14 minutes of each ep for commercial breaks. A&E broadcast through s4, and then dropped the series because of lack of viewer interest, which probably was the result of the increasing anti-American sentiment of spooks. BBCA and various PBS stations picked up the show in 2008 or so but I don't think anything past s5 has ever been broadcast here.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ABC to remake Spooks in the USA! - lwhite53 - 13-08-2010 06:16 PM