Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ABC to remake Spooks in the USA!
25-08-2010, 01:37 PM
RE: ABC to remake Spooks in the USA!
Bertowud

I know you're right with a lot of what you say, although I can't watch the American version of the Office, not because I don't like it - I've heard it's really good, I just like to think that the original is the only one that exists because I adore it so much.

I used to watch Coupling for while; I never actually watched Friends though (clearly one of only about 12 people in the universe never to have seen it), so I don't know if Coupling was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek version of it. Can't believe a remake of it would very lazily just replace British cultural references with US ones. Is that how some telly executives actually think it works, that Britain and the US are interchangable on every level? Although I reckon Tony Blair think the same thing (oooh, political). I hope the person responsible was 'adapting' Coupling now works in sausage-grinding factory, although I dare say the irony will be lost on him/her.

I'm really ranting today. It's great. This is what happens when you haven't messaged a site like this for many months!

Anyway, let's hope the US Spooks has charm, integrity, wit, originality and possibly a scene involving Leslie Phillips working in a skip factory. I hope the producers have got all that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ABC to remake Spooks in the USA! - Tomsdouble - 25-08-2010 01:37 PM