Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ABC to remake Spooks in the USA!
26-08-2010, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2010 09:09 PM by Giftcard.)
RE: ABC to remake Spooks in the USA!
I'll watch it but I don't hold out much hope that it will be good. But *fingers crossed* that I'll be surprised. I wasn't a fan of the US version of Life On Mars and didn't they try remaking Footballers Wive$ as well?

(13-08-2010 06:33 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I wouldn't be at all interested in an American version of Spooks if they are just going to use the same plots but in the FBI/CIA/whatever. What would be more interesting (and original)is if the programme was from the point of view of the CIA agents based in the UK, with some of the core British characters playing their existing roles - in the way Christine and whatever her name was in the last series - do in our beloved Spooks. Now that would be worth watching!

I like this idea! I would also be interested to see British spies working on American soil, which would be MI-6 but still could be cool. I really don't want the show to lose it's "Britishness" but even if the remake sucks, I've got several more seasons of the original to watch.

I am a fan of NCIS, not so much their spin-off NCIS: Los Angeles but I do like how characters will pop up on the other show. They seem to make it work, unlike CSI where I feel like those crossovers are super contrived. Homicide: Life on the Street & Law And Order also did crossover appearances very well.

Season 8 Spoiler: (I'm not sure how you all manage to get those neat spoiler things in here so I'm going to type it out in white and you can highlight it if you want to know).

"Ever notice how the computer whizz in US shows is always a scruffy looking teenage type?"

Tariq is a scruffy looking teenage type. LOL!

Edited to add: Several years ago there, Fox had a show called "The American Embassy" about the American Embassy in London. It was much lighter than Spooks, but did have CIA storylines. I really liked it and was so upset when it was cancelled after only a few episodes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ABC to remake Spooks in the USA! - Giftcard - 26-08-2010 07:11 PM