Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ABC to remake Spooks in the USA!
29-11-2010, 08:50 AM
RE: ABC to remake Spooks in the USA!
Well I can't say I'm that surprised, they've been working on a US version of "Torchwood" as well, it seems like they are going on a remake-spree.

It really all comes down to how the scripts are written and how the characters are portrayed, if it's done with intelligence and wit, I would have no problems with it. There are plenty of shows that I watch in the states that are just as good as Spooks and plenty witty, NCIS being one of them. So the way I see it, if they can get the stories right and the characters real and human enough, it should not be a big problem.

As for being politically correct, that is an issue in American television, but I think that exists in every country, it just so happens that Spooks pushes the boundaries. US shows can also push the envelope, Battlestar Galactica did and they did it with wit and intelligence. Perhaps the US version of Spooks should be made on a cable network like USA or HBO, because I feel that large networks like ABC do not have the right capabilities to handle such a show.

I wouldn't count the remake out, who knows, maybe the show will find its own unique flair just like Spooks did. The UK remade Law and Order, and that seems to work out well, at least I very much enjoy watching the show.

The only thing that would worry me is how the casting will go, what made Spooks unpredictable is that no one is safe, no actor is safe and no matter how famous you may be, there is always a chance your character will exit with no warning. That has been very unique to Spooks. But I fear that will loose its effectiveness in the states as actors with fame in Hollywood has great control in their shows and they tend to stay on a show for long periods of time, it's a different style and culture, so I'm not sure that will mix well.

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ABC to remake Spooks in the USA! - BravoNine - 29-11-2010 08:50 AM