Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ABC to remake Spooks in the USA!
12-05-2011, 09:11 PM
RE: ABC to remake Spooks in the USA!
I heard about this before.

And my reaction is..."Oh dear..."

I've heard about other American re-makes of British shows (e.g. Life on Mars) and they didn't do well. Yes the USA has some pretty good shows, but I am on the doubtful side of whether they would be able to re-make Spooks in a good way.

How will they re-make Spooks? If ABC has it about British spies then it will be too close to the original and look like a 'copycat'. If its about American spies then what agency? Also, Spooks tends to be very harsh about American foreign policy. I doubt an ABC remake would be the same (and I also doubt they would criticize British foreign policy). Moreover, Spooks, to me, is bolder than many shows in the U.S. The subjects Spooks tackles and the way it handles them is bolder and would be seen is 'overly controversial' by some in the U.S. Sure, some U.S. shows aren't that PC, but I think Spooks goes farther than some would be comfortable with here (I personally like how bold it is).

So, I have my doubts...Confused

I'll still watch it though! My curiosity makes me interested in this re-make. Whether I will like the remake of Spooks is another question...Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ABC to remake Spooks in the USA! - HarryPearceSpy - 12-05-2011 09:11 PM