Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Spoilers] Dimitri Levendes
21-09-2010, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2010 04:07 PM by Silktie.)
[Spoilers] Dimitri Levendes
What did you think of Dimitri's introduction?

I thought it was a solid start for him. I'm very happy, though, that he's not going to have that silly accent anymore.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2010, 07:57 AM
RE: Dimitri Levendes
I am thinking that this could be a good addition to the cast, I agree about that accent though, hopefully that will go!!!

Lucas North: Your situation is more precarious than you realize, Connie, so stop pressing buttons and give us something.
Connie James: Threats don't work with a person who has nothing to lose.
Lucas North: Oh, you're too ingenious to think that I'm threatening you. I'm offering you a simple choice: help us or don't. I'll leave you to compute the implication.Cool
21-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Always nice to have another good looking man on board Wink
Having said that, I like his character and look forward to the rest of the series
21-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Good entry I think. Even though I knew he was a new recruit, when he pointed the gun at Lucas I sat up a bit straighter. However, I have lots a questions about Dimitri. How did he learn whatever language the pirates were speaking? How did he learn to drive that kind of ship? The writers dropped a couple of great hints about his past such as the metaphor for his toughness in swimming with sharks for fun.

Since no one is supposed to be what they seem, I wonder where he is going to go. Intriguing.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
21-09-2010, 03:57 PM
This threw me a bit, because I thought he was going to be some Russian contact or something who'd be a background character for the series.

Quite glad that's not the case.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-09-2010, 07:15 PM
...wondering too whether piloting a ship that size was part of the routine training at the SBS. as is fighting sharks for fun Smile
he needs more background, not my type of eye-candy to survive on looks only Big Grin
bit of any edge wouldn't hurt.. he seems to follow rules alright (even called Lucas, 'sir').. then again, we've got beth and Lucas for 'rogue'..
Unlike Beth though he already seems to have been recruited by Harry (?)

[Image: s9-sig.jpg]
21-09-2010, 07:36 PM
(21-09-2010 07:15 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  ...wondering too whether piloting a ship that size was part of the routine training at the SBS. as is fighting sharks for fun Smile
he needs more background, not my type of eye-candy to survive on looks only Big Grin
bit of any edge wouldn't hurt.. he seems to follow rules alright (even called Lucas, 'sir').. then again, we've got beth and Lucas for 'rogue'..
Unlike Beth though he already seems to have been recruited by Harry (?)

Had to look this up b/c I didn't know what it was but is the SBS the Special Boat Service? If so, that would answer my question about his boating skills.

Harry refers to him as the "newest recruit."

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
21-09-2010, 07:42 PM
I knew they were the naval equivalent to SAS, so hard-ass dare-devils (like the motto 'strength & Guil') but I did some checking too and haven't yet found anything that says their skill set includes piloting HUGE container ships. Then again, he might come from a Greek shipping dynasty, where they all speak with dodgy accents Tongue
'special boat people' sure learn hand-to-hand combat though.. makes you think who'd win a fight, Dimitri or L/J (that's my new handle for Lucas/Johnorwhateverhisrealnameis) Big Grin

[Image: s9-sig.jpg]
21-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Is it not possible that he learned in preparation for the mission? He doesn't have to have known it already.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2010, 02:01 AM
(21-09-2010 07:52 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Is it not possible that he learned in preparation for the mission? He doesn't have to have known it already.

I suppose it is possible that he was (for lack of a better term - not sure if it is correct) seconded from the SBS for this mission he was either given training (as Nitrus mentions) or was chosen because he knew how already. Harry calls him the newest recruit and Lucas condescendingly tells him to walk before he can run as if he were in training as a spy. I kind of wonder if Dmitri was hand picked for the mission?

His military background would explain the sir-ing of Lucas.

The SBS sounds a lot like the US Navy SEALS who also have a rep for being bad ass and do a lot of the same things the SBS and SAS do for the UK. The training they go through is insane!

I shall file this one under: "You learn something new every day!"

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet