Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Jo/Miranda Raison
30-03-2010, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2010 09:20 AM by JHyde.)
[spoilers] Jo/Miranda Raison
Everything about Jo Portman...

Clothes
Haircuts
Style
Bruises...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2010, 05:28 PM
RE: Jo
I like Season 6 Jo very much. She really came into her own and started was prepared to argue some of the finer details of difficult issues - for example, she sticks it to Adam in that very moving monologue she has in 6.10 about men raping women that they also torture.

I've popped spoiler warnings on this thread as it's easier to discuss Jo freely given that she's no longer part of the main cast.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
30-03-2010, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2010 06:19 PM by Nitrus.)
RE: [spoilers] Jo
I really liked Jo, not so much in the later Series.. but certainly in Series 4 she was a very watchable character, her entrance to MI5 is one of the best so far imho and watching her go through the motions of adjusting to her new life is really really good TV

Oh, she's also a hottie. Wink

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I really think that at the beginning of 7:1 she looks exactly like Agyness Deyn, when she is running in the woods haha dunno why

I thought her entrance was a tad on the this-is-so-unbelievable-even-for-spooks side but still I enjoyed it Big Grin
I liked the fact she was like practically the only one on the team with morals and she was the empathic one, I think filling in from Zoe perfectly.

I did like the rape storyline and the way she always struggled with the job, particularly at first but sometimes the getting emotionally attached to every single person or asset did get weary towards the end. I do miss her though Sad
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2010, 08:21 AM
She has had a rough ride every single season, but there were missed opportunity to develop the character further in my opinion...I think she's also the only character who's got so many physical changes of appearance from one season to the next.

And yes, MR is hot. For those who haven't seen it, check the GMTV interview... I melted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tkgaPvctFg
02-04-2010, 02:41 AM
I liked Jo but she was shamefully underused in the series. All of the storylines involving females from seasons 5 - 7 always seemed to go to Ros, and I'm not much of a Ros fan so I quickly became bored of her whole Ice Queen demeanour.

Some people have commented that Jo is not an interesting character but that is primarily because she was never allowed do anything except answer the phones.
02-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Harry RE: [spoilers] Jo
Agreed... And get slapped around (remember 5.2 with the Russian arm trader who beat her up ... first of many ..)

She seemed to me like a female version of Adam Carter... Taking blows after blows, slowly loosing her sanity and diving into doubt (self doubt?). At some point in S7, you wonder if you, the spectator, are the only one to notice her falling into the abyss of despair and fear. She wasn't as much the focus of the plots, but she was a very touching character.

Now, we haven't gotten S8 yet here in France, but from the various YouTube and other extracts... Is it me or has Miranda put on a few extra pounds in S8 ?Undecided
02-04-2010, 09:18 AM
I thought Jo had one of the best arcs of the entire show. I'd even go as far as to say that she was possibly the most well-developed officer.

Jo started off a naive and wide-eyed young recruit, but eventually molded into a hardened, seasoned officer. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that her dramatic hair change from Series 4 to Series 6 was an intentional reflection of this.

[Image: action-adam.jpg]
Thanks Tyger!
02-04-2010, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 02:29 PM by RoninExec.)
Hey, good point.
She definitely exhales much more maturity, and indeed the shorter hair (especially in S8) could be a reflection of the "inner" changes.

By the way, and on a different subject, there is a clip on You Tube (The Ritual Of Revenge), where for a few seconds (at 2:00mn I think) Jo seems to be undressing for someone (she sensually unclips her belt, zip down her dress) then we see her in tears, spatters of (someone else's) blood on her face.
Don't tell me what happened, no need to spoil it, however that light beige dress and salmon belt seem so familiar... BAFTA 2009, some stills off Married, Sigle, Other... Has anyone else noticed ?
02-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Yes, it was the same dress. She either borrowed or was given it after it was used in the ep and she wore it to the BAFTAs.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."