Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spooks Movie
23-10-2009, 05:15 PM
zzVideo Spooks Movie
Would you like to see a feature film based on Spooks? Maybe with the same characters?

I think at the moment episodes are pretty much films anyway.. especially the two-parters...

What kind of storylines do you think would work well?

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2009, 06:11 AM
RE: Spooks Movie
Anything as long as Harry & Ruth are in them Wink
Find all posts by this user
24-10-2009, 10:14 AM
A good TV show does not make a good movie.
I think it would be a pale immitation of a James Bond movie. They wouldn't resist going with the gadgets, gizmos and special FX.

Good flick for teenagers with short attentions spans and first degree understanding though...
24-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Maybe it could work, maybe it wouldn't. It depends how they played it. If it was a major terror disaster that justified the additional time and money spent, it might be good. Then again, if it was just a normal episode, I don't think so. I think part of the problem is that MI5 isn't that good tv. Sure, the action part is, but the paperwork? The weeks of surveillance? They're cut in the episodes, but then again the episodes are a brief glimpse of what happens over a week, month, but rarely a couple of days, so they can skip out the boring part. I don't know if it would work with being shown in double time. Does that make any sense?

P.S. I definitely agree with you Fidget!!! Harry and Ruth would be a must to have in it!

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
24-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Depends...if it's Hollywood, no thanks.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-10-2009, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2009 07:42 AM by Lucasfan.)
IMVHO.....it would be a matter of finance....because the financiers would want a say in who does the writing/directing/photography etc. To guarantee their investment, which would probably need to be considerable, they would want big established names in that genre i.e. Hollywood....

so I'm with you bertowud....no thanks!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it....

of course if it's a matter of double doses of my favourite spy, I could be persuaded!

[Image: spooks901mini.jpg]
28-10-2009, 12:09 PM
I agree with Almh: a Spooks movie would be FANTASTIC. But it would depend on how it was played and which actors and characters. Bertowud is right: NO HOLLYWOOD -- thanks, but no thanks. Some movies based on TV have not been very good: the Cracker ones, for example, we not a patch on the TV series. What I think would be good for the movie would be if the writers took a 'side issue' from one of the TV episodes and use that as a 'hook' to develop another story line. On the topic of Harry and Ruth: that's one that could be developed for a movie. For example: the re-emergence of an operation of which only Harry and Ruth knew all the details. But I think we are only 'dreaming': a Spooks movie will probably NEVER happen, as much as we would like it to!!!
28-10-2009, 12:10 PM
It might happen, although Spooks does need to survive the economic depression first - BBC are dropping shows, and if Spooks gets dropped it's very hard to get it back again.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
28-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Spooks not surviving the economic depression: that is really a scary thought!!! A dose of reality in amongst the fantasy of a Spooks movie. We can only hope for the best.
28-10-2009, 12:20 PM
All we can do is hope... and try and get as many people watching Spooks as possible and telling the BBC how much we love Spooks! Maybe then they'll definitely confirm it.